Today I am feeling very thankful and I want to list the things I am thankful for.
I like lists. They keep me sane.
1. My husband is coming home today. He has been gone since Sunday afternoon and we miss him!
2. I am thankful for my washer and dryer. I don't particularly like doing laundry, but I'm so glad I have the luxury of doing in my pj's here at home instead of at a laundry mat.
3. I am thankful for our backyard. The past few days our dogs have been driving me crazy. I am thankful it is right and humane to put them outside for a few hours.
4. I am thankful for Netflix. I have been watching Friday Night Lights on DVD. It makes me so happy.
5. I am thankful for the ability to choose my own nail polish color. I love to change my polish at the drop of a hat. I'm glad I have a million colors here at home to choose from.
6. I am thankful for the umbrella in our backyard that offers us a bit of shade in the afternoon.
We really want a covered patio. The sun in the afternoons is unbearable in our backyard. Our favorite place to be gets so hot. We have the plans drawn up and are ready to add the patio. But you know...we need money. We have been saving for it since we moved into our house 5 years ago. But we still haven't had it built. God is trying to teach me patience here. I just know it.
So while I learn/earn the patience I so need, I am thankful for the yellow umbrella. sigh.
7. I am thankful for tortilla chips and salsa.
8. I am thankful for pillows. I love pillows. There is no such thing as too many pillows.
What are you thankful for?