- Last night, Gary came home from his week long business trip sick. Not just sick, but 104 temperature sick.as.a.dog. I was so worried about him, so I loaded him up in the car and took him to the ER. Once there they listened to his lungs and realised they were full of fluid. Poor guy. They did ex-rays and pumped him full of fluids. While gone on his trip he got the flu. I don't think either one of us has ever had the flu. He was in bad shape. Thankfully he is doing much better tonight. He is still weak, but much better. I won't let the kids near him. He was allowed to eat his soup at the dinner table with the three of us, but I won't let him touch anything in the kitchen or rest of the house.
- I am doing the Cinch diet. It is a 5 day fast forward plan to jump start healthy eating. You can possible lose 8 pounds in 5 days. I bought all the groceries (spinach, almonds, raspberries, yogurt and eggs) for it and was ready to start on Monday...today. Bad time to start a new eating program when your husband is sick. BUT I started and it was ok. I wanted to emotional eat all day long, but I didn't. I will post more about the eating plan this week. I am just really tired tonight.
- But not to tired to watch the Bachelor. Home town dates tonight! Whoo hoo!
- My kids realized that when they toot in the tub it makes bubbles. Oh my goodness...the giggles that discovery produced. I was worried they were going to make themselves do something other than toot. They were trying so hard to toot.
- And that is an ender...can't really post much more..nothing can top the inappropriate toot/potty talk. ha!
Monday, February 21, 2011
Monday night bullet points
Labels: gary, my kids crack me up daily, tired
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
So sorry your hubs has been feeling ick! I've been praying for ya'll. Interested in hearing more about your diet. As for toots, yeah, we've already had the "pull my finger" discussion on twitter I think. :sigh: ;)
So sorry Gary isn't feeling well... That's always hard on Mom.
I want to hear more about this diet. I've got to do something!!!
Oh, I want to try that diet. Pray tell girl, where are the details??? Hope Gary feels better soon.
So sorry to hear about Gary! The flu is a BEAST! The first time I had it in college, I was pretty sure I was dying. I highly recommend getting the flu shot next year. I know a lot of people (myself once included) are skeptical about it and vaccines in general, but let me tell you, IT WORKS. Usually, I feel compelled to get all TMI and talk about immunology and whatnot, but I will just say that once you have the flu, NOT having it again is a wonderful thing! Hope he feels better soon!
Bubbles in the tub...true kid actions. Caleb has yet to discover that but I'm sure when he does there will be tons of bubbles. I hope Gary feels back to normal very soon...poor guy. Let me know how that diet goes...you are so brave.
Hope your hubby feels better soon! That is some rough stuff!
That is hysterical about the tooting. Oh... I guess I have something to look forward too.
I'm so glad Gary is doing better! I don't think I would have even let him sit at the table:) We are going the Cinch fast forward this week too....so far so good! I can't wait to hear your updates! Oh my! I hope my boys don't figure the tooting in the tub one...that could be trouble!
Post a Comment