1. Sports bras are not flattering. I have been alternating the four sports bras I own the last few days. Gary took a picture of me playing checkers with Layla. It was quickly deleted. Yuck. I had a uni-boob. Lucky for you guys you can't see the uni-boob in the picture below....just the deep look of concentration on my face.
2. It is so hard to potty train a puppy when it is 8 degrees outside. Before the cold snap we had him trained to go to the door and wait for us to let him out. Who wants to be let outside in the coldest weather ever? Not him. Let's just say my new steam cleaner got lots of use. Stinkin' puppy will go on the edge of a pee pad. Why can't you aim your rear end at the middle of the thing dude?
3. When I am bored I like to cook and eat. I look for reasons to eat, I feel I need to try a new recipe, or sample/taste this or that. I would cook dinner early to snack on it, and then eat again at dinner time. Every day while snowed in this business went on. Hello extra pounds. We all ate with reckless abandon the entire time we were snowed in as if it would keep us warmer.
4. The first trip to the grocery store after a storm is chaos. The grocery store was packed. The checkout lines were 5 shopping carts deep. There were no eggs in sight, and good luck getting a loaf of bread. It was bad. Not to mention I was shopping with my stomach and eyes. I bought things we don't normally keep in this house. Processed junk....Little Debbie snacks, Doritos, peanut M&M's. I let this foolishness happen. Now I am going to have to find some self control.
5. I learned that I let my kids win sometimes. While playing games I would let Layla win. I hate to get beat, especially by a 5 year old. She talks trash, but if she loses she will want to play again and again and again. There are only so many games of checkers you can stand to play in one day.
6. Hayden's feet never get cold. I would insist he keep socks or slippers on when is was below freezing outside. He is so wild and crazy the socks/slippers fall off. I spent half my time putting them right back on. Each time I would re apply is socks his feet were hot. So,I just gave up. Little Mr. Hot Feet. I wish that were the case for me. My feet are always ICE cold.
7. I learned that I love my family. We always have so much fun together. I love the option of getting out of the house though. Knowing we were stuck and couldn't leave was hard. Gary works from home and I stay home with the kids. Any chance we get, we go out as a family. Whether it be to grocery shop, go to the park, or out to eat at a restaurant. We like getting out as a family. We realized that we really like each other, but we like each other more when we can get a good mix of at home time, and out and about time. Make sense?
8. My husband is a big kid. He had just as much fun, if not more than the kids...playing in the snow. See him sliding in the snow as if he were sliding into home base. He taught the kids how to make perfect snow balls.
9. I don't want to wish away or speed up any season of my life, but I AM READY FOR SPRING. That is the most important thing I learned.
Happy Super Bowl Sunday :)