As the mom of 2 kids a 6 year old girl and a 3 year old boy I thought I'd share a few things I have learned since becoming a parent:
1. Kids have boogers and they cough. We should own the company Kleenex.
2. Never say "My kids will never do that." As soon as you say it they will do it! Trust me!
3. Puke is so gross until it is your own kid throwing up and then all you want to do is help them even if it means you may get some on you.
4. Kids will do as you do, not as you say. They watch, listen and learn from you, the parent.
5. No two kids are alike. Don't even try to compare kids. When I see moms do this it breaks my heart. Yes, I was once that mom, now I realize comparing does NO good.
6. Sometimes kids eat and sometimes they don't. If my kids miss I meal I have learned to NOT freak out about it.
7. If one kid gets something the other needs the exact same thing or they WILL fight.
8. Kids have their own opinion about EVERYTHING. And they should. Sometimes it is exhausting, but I have learned to let things go.
9. All privacy is gone. I can't remember the last time I went potty alone. And if it wasn't a kid in the bathroom one of the dogs found their way in.
10. My heart is so full and over flowing with love. I never knew I could love my kids this much.
Yes, even from afar on the soccer field she says, "NO more pictures mom."
I love them even when they won't smile for the camera, when they are covered in oatmeal, wearing a fleece jacket and a life jacket with no water in sight. Sigh.
I know I have so much more to learn!
Bring it :)