- Layla had her last soccer game and award ceremony on Saturday morning. It was 45 degrees when she played at 9:00 am. I was so cold, but I was loving it. I will never forget the first soccer game. It was 106 degrees and my face got sunburned. I'm pretty sure you will not hear me complaining about the cold this winter. Layla's soccer season was really fun. She learned so much about the game and she really wants to play again next year!
- After Layla's soccer game I had a Thirty-One party at Becky's house. It was so fun to see her and meet some of her family and friends. It was good for me to get some practice showing my fun Thirty-One products. Thanks for having me Becky! When I got home from the party I had a shipment from Thirty-One on my doorstep. My first party order EVER was placed on the 30th and I was so excited about how fast the order was shipped. It was quick and my hostess was so happy when she came to get her goodies!
- Saturday night I took Layla to one of her classmates birthday party. I was worried about her being able to jump and have fun at Pump It Up because she had a cough. She ended up doing just fine. She had a super fun time. I got to sit and talk to other moms, so I had fun too. It is so fun when they get old enough to play with out me being right beside them. I enjoyed watching her play and have fun. Hayden and Gary had fun hanging out at home doing guy stuff!
- When we got home from the birthday party and after I put Layla to bed I finally sat down to rest. I was so tired from a long day. I was busy every single second of the day. I honestly wasn't feeling all that great. My ear was still feeling weird. Anyway, at one point during the evening I felt a weird shake while I was sitting on the couch. It really was odd. I can't really explain it, but Gary was sitting right next to me. He didn't feel it, so I was sure he thought I was crazy. When I read my twitter feed I new I wasn't crazy. There was an earthquake in Oklahoma and we felt it here in North Texas! How crazy is that? My first earthquake at age 35!
- I just have to say thanks...I love my blog and twitter friends. All of you have been so sweet to check on me as I am recovering from getting my ear tube. I am doing great. I am experiencing some weirdness in my ear, but I know I will be better soon. I have faith! Thanks for your prayers and thoughts!
- Today I made enchiladas and sopapilla cheesecake to take to Ashley. She had baby Judd a little over a week ago. I can't wait to see him again tomorrow. Of course I made a batch of food for her family and for us. I can't make enchiladas without making some for our family. Enchiladas are a family favorite in our house! Here is a picture of the cheesecake before it went into the oven.
- The time change is in full swing here. It is such a weird thing and I am sure the kids will be exhausted by 6pm every day. I think we will put them to bed early for a few days until they adjust. I know Layla will argue with us because of what the clock says, but if I put them down to late we will be in trouble. Layla's biological clock wakes her up every single day at 7am...that would be 6am now. I don't want her to get cranky on us. My kids behavior is directly linked to how much sleep they get. When they are well rested they act like sweet little peaches. When they are tired they are like grumpy bears. So early bedtimes all week for sure!
I am headed to bed after I hit post. Good night and I hope you all had a great weekend!